Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Tired of Being a Grownup

Taylor has been really helpful around the house lately. It started about a week ago when she took on the role of a second mom to Lauryn, cleaned up the dining room after breakfast and lunch, and put the chickens away, all without being asked. She was of course rewarded with lots of praise and encouragement from her parents. A few days ago I asked her to try to put the chickens away like she did so well before. She was up in her room playing with Laruyn at the time and she responded with a big sigh and said, "Mom...I'm tired of being a grownup." When I told this story to Peter he said, "I'm tired of being a grownup too."

4 comments:

Travelin' Tracy said...

Me too. I was just telling my husband how I miss playing soccer on Saturday mornings. I know I can play in a league now, but it will not be the same. Where are the orange slices?

Garbett Family said...

Oh, me too... :)

JillandMauricio said...

haha-I am totally with Peter and Taylor. Can I have a break??

Ryann Pinnegar said...

Ditto!