Friday, February 27, 2009

Think of me on Saturday


Tomorrow is my big 30K trail race. It's 18.6 miles with an elevation gain of 3,070 ft. I hope it doesn't rain and that I don't have to walk too much. Besides not dying, one of my main goals is to find a potential running partner. I miss having someone to run with, especially on my long runs. Great past running partners include:

Bren Garrahan (my sister), Jenny Christiansen, Mary Butler, Betsy Petersen, and Amy Lee.

Until now, the most beautiful places I'd ever run were up in the Humboldt Redwoods and in Trinidad. I did a practice run a few weeks ago on part of tomorrow's course and it was just as awesome and beautiful as Humboldt, but with occasional views of San Francisco. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Karen, you are awesome! I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great- 18 miles is small potatoes for you. As far as dying goes, you're thinking of me on the treadmill trying to accomplish a fraction of what you can do! You go girl.

Garbett Family said...

Best of luck Karen! You are such an inspiration! I wish I could be like you!

Joe and Amy said...

I was totally thinking of you! I am so glad you posted about the race.

I miss running with you too! I need a running partner to help me get going again. Even though I slacked off during the week sometimes, knowing I had to try to keep up with you on Saturdays got me out there a little more during the week than I otherwise would have. You were therapy for my body and soul!

So where exactly is this run. Was it on Angel or Treasure Island?

Joe and Amy said...

Almost forgot...Humboldt County has to be the top of my list of beautiful places to run. The Trinidad race was breathtaking.