Sunday, March 15, 2009

Breaking News...Literally

It's almost 5 AM and I've been up since 3:45 when I heard a crashing sound. "Did you hear that?" I asked Peter, "No, what?" My mind searched for what it could have been; a toy falling off Taylor's bed? Poorly stacked dishes in the drying rack? Well, unfortunately it was neither of those things. This is what I found. A rock thrown through our huge front window.


That's the rock under the curtain. The police have come and gone but didn't do much. We've cleaned up the mess and put down some old vinyl table cloths to catch the shards of glass when they finally fall. The window sounds like the crackle of a dying fire and could fall at any moment. We hope we have a good insurance policy. This is not the way we wanted to start our Sunday morning, and this lack of sleep will not help us recover from the nasty colds that we're fighting. I'm going to try and go back to bed. I miss living in the mountains where vandalism like this is not so common.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That is so sad and scary at the same time. If you guys need anything let us know.