Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cock-a-Doodle-Do

While the girls and I were in Trinidad, Peter stayed home to do some projects that we had materials for but hadn't gotten to because we didn't have time. One morning he called me around 8AM; I was still in bed. "I've been up since 6:30," he said, which isn't normal Peter behavior. Turns out, around 6AM he was having a dream in which someone kept making this awful noise. When he finally woke up he realized that Pebbles, our youngest chicken, was welcoming the morning as only a rooster can do. He took Pebbles back that day and got another hen--which I think is completely crazy considering our situation at the moment. We were very suspicious of Pebbles' rooster tail and strut. She--er He never got along with the other chickens so it's kind of a relief.

No comments: