Saturday, July 25, 2009

Running Lake Chabot

One thing that I may miss above all else about this place is Lake Chabot. One friend told me there are over 700 miles of trails around the lake and on into other regional parks. One of my favorite runs was simply around the lake but I never got to share the whole 10-mile loop with anyone. Here are some of my favorite parts of the loop as well as a video of my favorite single-track section. I always thought it would be cool to make a video of this but now I include it as comic relief. It's sort of like that movie Blair Witch Project; shaky and confusing.



On clear days you can see San Francisco glistening in the distance from this vista.

This lake has lots of fingers so before you can get to that side of the lake...

...you must run around this section.



It's ironic that here, in the city, there are awesome trails to run but in the mountains where I'm going I will be running mostly on the highway.

1 comment:

Natasha Wade said...

I don't run as much as i should but we love walking and riding our bikes at Lake Chabot too. We are going to miss it when we leave this area.