Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Time...and the living is Easy

I can't believe that summer is coming to an end! School starts tomorrow for Taylor and me--I got a part-time teaching job at Taylor's school--and next week Lauryn will start preschool. Here are some pictures of our summer, which passed all too quickly. The girls at a birthday party.

My summer crafts: making lavender wreaths, wands, and saches.

The girls and I spent nearly every afternoon swimming. We'd go to the pool, pond, or a nearby creek or river.


The Fair! Why is it so much fun to see your children experience the things you loved as a kid?



A ride I've always wanted to try but never have. Taylor loved it.

Finally, a day on the river! We were so busy with guests this year that Lauryn and I didn't raft much.

Peter, teaching Taylor the art of rock-jumping.

Taylor going solo.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That wreath is darling!

Garbett Family said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog... it meant so much. I love looking at your blog, seeing you and your cute girls. It looks like you all had a wonderful summer. That lavendar wreath is beautiful!!! You should sell them at a craft fair! I hope you have fun teaching part time, I've been teaching 2 days a week for the past two years and really enjoy it. Keep posting! I love your pictures!