Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Got a Job...

...and my blog has suffered the consequences. My teaching job was only three half days at first. Then it became five half days, and on the 24th of January it will be full-time. I'm very glad about it and I'm hoping that I will still be able to keep up with things at home. Here's a smattering of pictures since September:The first day of School for Taylor and me. I'm teaching the upper-grade class at Taylor's school, six miles down the road.A week after school started, Peter and I took the opportunity of a quiet weekend to get away. We left the girls with Heidi and Doug and camped at the mouth of, the appropriately named, Rock Creek. The next day we hiked up the creek for a few miles. We didn't get as far as we had hoped but were happy to make it to this beautiful pool:Lauryn ready for her first day of preschool. She attends the Head Start in Orleans three days a week and loves it.

Late in September, Jenny and James and their two adorable kids, Leo and Annika, came for a visit. This year the weather cooperated and we were able to go rafting.James and I kayaked. Despite the nice weather, it was very cold.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your newish, expanding job, Karen!

Lindsay said...

Exciting, Karen! Just how many grades/kids are included in the upper grades? How nice to be in the same place as Taylor. Did you guys have a good Christmas? Any snow?