Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Bed

Back in July or August, my dad said he'd build us a bed patterned after the one he built for himself and my mom. It's a great design with storage underneath and in the headboard. The bed is mostly done now and it was a lot of work! I helped my dad for three straight days on this project. I mostly held boards, handed tools, double checked his calculations and deciphered his vague directions like, "Hand me that." Mom worked just as hard by watching the kids, doing dishes, cooking, mending my clothes, and taking Taylor to preschool. My parents came down here for a vacation of sorts and now I think being home will feel like a vacation (except that my mom is subbing Friday and all next week--sorry Mom). Thanks for all the hard work. We love the bed.



The bed is a bit high but we wanted to make room for Peter's guitars.
We ran out of time and didn't make the headboard but Dad will make that later and bring it down on their next visit. That's the plan anyway.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, that's a lot of guitars! And, how did Taylor manage to climb up on that Mt. Everest of a bed? Very neat- great idea...who doesn't need more storage? Can't wait to see the head board. :)

Garbett Family said...

What a neat idea! Do you have a step ladder to get into bed now? I bet you could market those! :)