Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not So Green


We cut down one of our three Camellia trees last weekend. The plan is to plant a white nectarine in its place. I told Peter I didn't have a good feeling about it; there's just something wrong about cutting down a healthy tree right? Well, the tree got back at us. It was growing on top of an old rusty water pipe which we of course broke at three in the afternoon. Fortunately a guy from our ward was able to come help us fix the problem. He and Peter were out "playing" in the mud in the dark but by the girl's bedtime the pipe was cut and capped.

4 comments:

amy said...

Ack! The wonderful world of home-ownership!

White nectarines are Ryan's favorite treat in the world...Once he finds out you guys planted a tree he will come begging every summer :)

Brooke said...

Karen, I got to your blog through Amy Lee's. It looks like your family is doing well. Your baby is so big now. I'm jealous of your weather. Utah is nowhere close to spring.

amy said...

Now this is getting weird, even for me...do I know Brooke?

Karen said...

Ha ha, that's funny. I now know two Amy Lees. Brooke got my blog from Amy Lee who lives in Woodland.