Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Can't Feel My Toes!


I went to my first spinning class this morning at 6AM. There was a woman sitting in front of me blocking my view of the instructor and my fist thought was, "Oh no, I can't see the instructor." Five minutes into the session my thoughts had changed to, "Oh good, the instructor can't see me." She'd say to "Kick it up," meaning tighten the tension and it took me just a few times to figure out that I didn't have to. Once I faked it, once I loosened it, and most of the time I just pretended like I didn't hear her. Regardless of my slacking, it was a tough workout. The hardest part for me was not knowing if I had 10 minutes left or 45; I wanted to be able to finish the workout. I was very glad to have my friend Jill, an experienced spinner, sitting next to me. She gave me pointers, kept me on track, and even brought me a towel from home to mop up my sweat. By the end of the workout I could no longer feel my toes and Jill said she couldn't feel hers either so I guess that's normal.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness, I did a spin class last week and had the same thing happen. That's a tough workout, just wait till tomorrow when you wish you couldn't feel your bum.

Christina said...

Oh man! Wish you had come to spin while I was going. I love spin class. Hope you enjoy it and can keep going. I know I will go back once I get a job and know where I am settling so I can join a gym :) Are you doing the triathalon?

Joe and Amy said...

I've heard they are great, but I've never tried one before. It's on my list!

I wish I would have called you while we were in Oakland. I thought of it when I picked my parents up from the airport because the exit says San Leandro, but I hadn't saved your new phone number to my phone, I was bummed too, it would have been the perfect chance to see you and your girls. We'll come over again.