Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Carnival

Junction Elementary's biggest fund raiser is the Halloween carnival and raffle. Here are some pictures of the big event. Taylor just won a cake at the cake walk and she's choosing a cake. The "cake" I made (brownies with orange-colored mint frosting) looked so bad that it was the very last one on the table.
This one makes me laugh because even though it's a bad picture of Peter, his half-opened eyes fit the costume.

We were late for the carnival and Peter and I were supposed to be at two separate booths. I threw on some clothes I don't usually wear and didn't look in the mirror. I left the face-painting up to the face-painting booth and was pleased with Lauryn's face. I didn't get around to making cat ears for her headband but they took care of that for me by putting the ears on her forehead.
Oh boy! Taylor just won a gold fish...and now it's floating in a big mason jar on top of the fridge. If it survives that we'll put it in the pond someday.

No comments: