Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Odds and Ends

We went out to the coast again last weekend for Peter to take the CBEST test so that he can be a substitute teacher. From attorney to sub...that's funny. It was another beautiful day. Our friend Zan watched the girls while I did my run on a trail along the coastline. Then we took the kids to the park to play. This is the only good picture I got but I thought it was cute. This picture makes our deck look dirty, but I wanted to show the "cat condo" that we constructed for our kittens. It's basically a big shelf with a carpeted two-by-four that they climb up and down.

Harvesting pumpkins is fun...


or miserable?
Taylor and I were out on the deck today reading when we witnessed a new friendship forming between Sakari, our dog, and Trinity, my favorite of our five kittens. They played together for quite a while:

4 comments:

Curt and Naomi said...

Very cute pics! I'm starting to love the laid-back feeling life you have, that I get from reading your posts. Simple is best and beautiful, even with the lions, tigers and bears of northern CA

Deanna said...

Hi Karen, love the pictures, looks like a very nice lifestyle on the ranch. Looks like your furniture fit well into the cabin.

Lindsay said...

What a fun post! Kittens, pumpkins, rainbows--what could be better? Where did you go to take the CBEST and see Zan? I miss her! Your life up there seems so nice and chill!

Garbett Family said...

So what are you all planning on doing? Is Peter going to go back to law? How long do you plan on staying there? I love all your pictures, it makes me miss the country so much.